Academic Support and Tutoring services are available to all students on all campuses.
Walk-in tutoring may be available on some campuses (check with your local campus' DCS), but making an appointment ahead of time is strongly recommended.
For more information contact your tutoring support staff (see below for Director of Campus Services (DCS) contact information.)
Our two approaches to academic support services are online and face-to-face. Online resources (i.e., hundreds of statistics video tutorials, free Turn-it-in plagiarism checker, APA formatting examples, etc.) can be utilized through the self-enrolling Alliant HAWK Moodles.
Most of our academic support resources have been broken down into two basic competencies: academic writing skills development and cutting-edge statistical competencies.
Please contact the Director of Campus Services on your campus for more tutoring information.
ONLINE ACADEMIC SUPPORT RESOURCES
All Higher Achievement, Wisdom and Knowledge (HAWK) Moodle courses are an excellent free (not-for-credit) resource that Alliant students can self-enroll into at any time.
To self-enroll into any of the online HAWK Moodle resources:
1. Go to Alliant's Moodle site at http://elearning.alliant.edu.
2. Log into the Alliant Moodle site.
3. Scroll to the very bottom of the Alliant Moodle site's front page and type the word "hawk" into the tiny search box and all of the HAWK Moodles will appear.
4. Click the HAWK Moodle that you want to use.
5. Click on the ENROLL ME button (if you are already enrolled, this button will not appear) to self-enroll.
6. After self-enrolling, the next time you go to the Alliant Moodle site, the HAWK Moodle(s) will show up on your personal list of Alliant Moodle courses.
7. Any problems accessing any Alliant Moodle course, please contact the Alliant Moodle Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the video on how to self-enroll into a HAWK Moodle
Face-to-face Academic Writing tutoring is available on most Alliant campuses. Students are limited to a maximum number of weekly sessions depending on each campus' tutor resources. Walk-in tutoring may be available (depending on the campus), but making an appointment ahead of time is strongly recommended. Please contact your campus' Director of Campus Services for more information. (See above for DCS contact information.)
Please remember, this is not an editing service. If you would like a paid editor, we can supply you with a list of names of Writing Editors who have shown expertise.
Online Writing Resources
Face-to-face Statistics tutoring may be available depending on the campus. Students are limited to a maximum number of weekly sessions depending on each campus' tutor resources. Walk-in tutoring may be available, but making an appointment ahead of time is strongly recommended. Please contact your campus' Director of Campus Services for more information. (See above for DCS contact info.)
Please read the Tutoring Rules and Regulations before meeting with a tutor.
Online Statistics Resources
Our self-enrolling (see above) online HAWK Statistics Moodles have practically every statistical analysis Alliant students will ever need:
- HAWK I - Introductory statistics (video tutorials by hand, MS Excel, some SPSS)
- HAWK II - t tests, ANOVAs, ANCOVAs, MANOVAs, others (SPSS video tutorials)
- HAWK III - Correlations, regressions, factor analysis, logistic regression, SEM (SPSS video tutorials)
- HAWK IV - Student-made comp exam resources
- HAWK V - Dissertation Boot Camp
- Statistical Victionary - critical statistical vocabulary definitions, examples, videos